The Best Weight Loss Methods Revealed. And They Don’t Require Exercise…
Getting rid of the unwanted pounds may seem like a daunting task, but the truth is that losing weight naturally isn’t rocket science – you just need the right tools.
And science is proving that, while slogging it out in the gym might sound effective, you can achieve the best long term weight loss results using dietary changes, first…
So forget spending your paycheck on that expensive gym membership. Get ready to clear the pantry and put these seven highly-effective and scientifically validated best weight loss methods into action!
1. Avoid Simple And Refined Carbohydrates
Not all carbs are equal.
Sure, you need to eat your veggies (also a form of carbohydrate), but the best way to lose weight from the stomach area is to cut down on simple, refined carbs like sugar.
What to do instead?
- Choose whole food options over processed foods (which are often sugar-laden).
- Use Stevia as a sweetener, or no sweetener at all!
- Choose cauliflower rice over grain rice.
- Ditch bread and opt for salads and lettuce-leaf buns for burgers.
- Read the nutritional labels of products in the grocery store. If there is sugar added (or dextrose, or fructose, or glucose – all forms of refined sugar / carbs), pick another option.
Here’s why it’s worthwhile making the switch:
- According to a study, high fructose (sugar) consumption is related to an increased cardiometabolic risk and higher values of visceral fat that accumulates in the depths of the body, around vital organs.
- In separate scientific research, scientists found that consuming a lot of sugar leads to weight gain, especially intra and extra-abdominal (under the skin) fat.
- Last but not least, research points out that refined carbs are associated with higher levels of obesity, while also potentially distorting the feeling of fullness.
It takes a little bit of adjustment, but once you form new habits the lifestyle becomes the new norm!
There are terrific meal delivery options for the time-poor which give everyone affordable access to wholesome, real food options. Or, you can Google a simple, healthy recipe to prepare almost any of your favorite foods.
2. Consume More Dietary Fiber
Researchers have found that dietary fiber (especially soluble fiber) has the amazing potential to decrease the digestibility of fats and proteins, meaning that it can lower the amount of calories you receive from food.
And soluble fiber has been found to possess the ability to increase satiety (your satisfaction), thus helping you consume less food.
Where can you get more fiber?
- Vegetables and fruit.
- Psyllium husk.
- The seeds and skins of fruit.
3. Increase Polyunsaturated Fat Intake
Despite popular belief, not all fats make you fat. The best weight loss methods require you to increase your intake of a type of fat known as Polyunsaturated – found in fish oil, nuts, and seeds – to help you lose weight.
- Increasing your intake of polyunsaturated fatty acids decreases your liver fat content.
- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA – found in fatty fish) reduces both visceral and liver fat, while also providing cardiovascular protection and can even help with metabolic anomalies.
- Fish oil can also boost your lean muscle mass!
4. Steer Clear Of Sugary Drinks
Eating too much carbs and sugar is bad enough for your fat loss goals, but sodas, punches and juices from concentrate are even worse.
- Sugary beverages impact insulin sensitivity, cause dyslipidemia (more bad cholesterol), and increase the levels of visceral fat (the one around your organs).
- Liquid carbs (from beverages) are proven to lead to increased body mass index (BMI) as well as weight.
Bottom line: Stay away from liquid calories. Stick to quality solid ones instead.
5. Reduce Your Alcohol Consumption
Alcohol. While it’s the social lubricant on everyone’s lips, it shouldn’t be on yours…
- Extra alcohol consumption equals a higher chance for developing abdominal (stomach) obesity.
- Drinking alcohol can cause coronary heart disease, linked to an increase in fat around the waist.
In other words, alcohol consumption has strong leads to more belly fat. So avoid it as much as possible.
6. Reduce Trans Fat Intake
If you didn’t already know that (most) packaged foods simply aren’t good for you, then here’s more reasons to avoid them.
- Most spreads and packaged foods contain trans fatty acids – an increased consumption of these leads to greater belly fat storage.
- Consumption of trans fatty acids has been linked to systemic inflammation. Inflammation causes your body to go into ‘damage-control’, reduce your metabolic rate, and store toxins and energy as fat.
The best weight loss methods require you to eat better fats and foods in general, so there’s really no need to worry about trans-fats if you stick to a whole foods eating plan and consume healthy fats like fish oil, extra-virgin olive oil, and nuts and seeds.
7. Eat More Protein
We touched on this important topic in a recent infographic. Protein is a very important macronutrient as its the building block for both muscle and body tissue. Getting the right amount is important, and is indeed one of the best weight loss methods listed here.
- Protein intake is shown to be related to a decrease in waist circumference.
- Protein consumption has been linked as a regulator of belly fat.
HINT: You can calculate your ideal protein intake using this simple formula.
Eating your “meat-and-three-veg” is a reliable (but sometimes boring) option to achieve protein intake. You can increase diversity of nutrient intake with some recipes like these.
But Even The Best Weight Loss Methods Don’t Always Cut The Mustard
Are you looking for an alternative, yet highly-effective method for shedding off the extra inches? We are proud to present an innovative, cutting-edge, non-surgical procedure that will help you eat less and feel full longer – Balloon-assisted weight loss.
It’s time to get rid of the unwanted weight and keep it off. Call us at (888) 594-6263 now if you have any additional questions or if you simply want to benefit from our free phone consultation. Also, you can make an appointment online by visiting our dedicated Contact Us page!
Over to you. Have you achieved amazing weight loss? How did you do it? Leave a comment below. We make sure to respond to all of them, so don’t be shy 🙂